Monday, May 05, 2008

Sick, tired and completely at a loss.

Whatever this nasty virus is, it shows absolutely no sign of letting go anytime soon. I ended up at the doctor on Friday as I had not been able to get my fever under 101* F. for 5 days. The nurse insisted I be seen since having a fever for that long is a bad thing. I thought maybe they could help me. I thought wrong. As I expected, I drove myself across town in a highly impaired state, not that I was on drugs or drunk, but very foggy, very weak and hurting badly from a migraine-like headache. Anyway, I was told I had a virus of sorts and nothing they could do for me. I wanted to kick the shit out of the nurse that insisted that I come in. I was told it would probably last another 2-3 days. Well, it's Monday, three days later and it's still here. Fever is finally gone, body aches mostly gone, coughing on occasion and congestion mostly gone, but now I am just weak, torn up and to add insult to injury, NAUSEOUS of all things. Everything smells terrible and tastes even worse. Trying to eat toast this morning caused me to wretch more times than I can count! How do you build yourself back up when you can't eat anything? I honestly feel like I'm wasting away.

I don't know if I've discussed this much, but my Homeowner's Association (the good 'ol HOA) has been breathing down my neck for a couple of months because we are missing a shingle and I guess they think our chimney needs painted. I was given 45 days to fix this "infraction". Well, we've had a couple of different contractors come out, including one today to look at the work and everyone of them has turned the work down, stating that it is too high and they'd have to have specialized equipment to do it. Son of a bitch! I have never in my life had contractors turn down work! Between this stupid chimney and painting the stupid art niches inside, I have never had so many hassles with a house! Had I known the problems I would have had maintaining this stupid place I would have NEVER bought it. So now I have to go and try to convince the HOA, who seemed VERY skeptical when I informed them that contractors were turning the work down, that we still don't have a way to fix the problem. Note to self, future home must be HOA free! I don't care if the rest of the neighborhood looks like crap, I can't stand having some bunch of little Nazis telling me what I NEED to do to my house and when I NEED to do it! I was just so bummed when this contractor called me back today. Just another damn thing on my plate that I can't deal with right now. I need to get well and I need someone to come and fix this damn house!

1 comment:

Sean Wright said...

Sorry to hear you are ill. Good luck on getting better.

I would have thought with the wy things are going in the states financially that contractors would be jumping at the work?