Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Trina's Observation of the Day

After all my errands today, I happened to be in downtown Pflugerville at the time their farmer's market was happening. This was exciting to me since I have been looking for a farmer's market that is not way the hell down in S. Austin. This is a new market, so not alot of vendors yet, but I hoped still had potential. I was sorely disappointed. There were two over-priced veggie stands. Call me crazy, but organic or not, I'm not paying $3 for 4 squash! And a bag of small carrots (less than a pound) was $5! Carrots for $5, Bugs Bunny would be outraged! The rest of the tents had various other items, tie-dyed shirts, jewelry, honey, jams, etc... All nice enough, but I want a farmer's market so I can buy local produce... affordably! However, there was one thing that made me giggle. There was a tent with these 2 young women selling organic, vegan, baked goods, cookies, cupcakes, etc... The Monkey Man asked if we could get a cupcake, I figured, what the hell, I wasn't going to buy anything else so we walked up to the table and those cupcakes were (and I shit you not) $3.50 A PIECE! I'm sorry, but unless those bastards are laced with pot, there is NO POSSIBLE WAY they're worth $3.50 a piece! Maybe I should get a booth, I can make cupcakes, they wouldn't be vegan, but I could sell the damn things for $2 a piece and undercut the vegan girls and make a hell of a profit! Hmmmmmmm...

No comments: