Monday, May 19, 2008

Too much to do!

This of course is nothing new, I ALWAYS have too much to do, but trying to get shit together again after that damn virus has been hard! I was supposed to participate in the neighborhood-wide garage sale, but that was the first weekend I was sick and was in NO shape to be outside haggling with people over 25-cent shirts! So now I have a garage and bedroom full of all the shit I culled from the wardrobe and the kids' closets with nowhere to go. Part of me thinks I should just pack it all up and take it to Goodwill, grab that donation receipt and run like hell, then part of me knows I could make some decent money, THEN dump what doesn't sell at Goodwill and get the same donation receipt! It's just taking the time to price, advertise and get up early on a Sat. morning! It's all about committing to it and I suck at that!

I have basil that I need to plant next to my tomatoes in back, I have flowers that I need to plant in the bed out front. I need to schedule an appointment with the dentist. I need to finish putting away my Costco run from Friday and I need to finish laundry and wash the dog and vacuum... it seems never-ending (did I mention dusting and cleaning the hardwoods) UGH!! And just so you know, I'm aware that sitting on my ass, swilling tea and blogging is NOT the way to get all this crap done. But hell, the kids are upstairs playing (not screaming for once) and I have a teeny bit of piece to revel in. I'm sure it will change in about 2 minutes, but for now, I blog, I drink tea and I am happy! Everything can wait a few. It will all get done... someday, right?

No comments: