Sunday, January 11, 2009

Late night, donuts and a bad scare...

After my much needed afternoon out, I came home and attended to my motherly duties, cooking a nice dinner, doing dishes, bathing a baby and getting everyone settled. I then embarked on a little more of that much needed "me time"! I filled the tub with searing hot water and lavender bubbles, shut the door, grabbed a book and proceeded to unwind! An hour and a half later, I emerged to find Big Daddy and the Monkey Man sprawled out on our bed and the Piggle sleeping soundly in hers. I decided to leave them be, mostly since it kills me to lug a 45 lb. kid through the house! I grabbed my book and headed to the Monkey's room where I spent another hour completely engulfed in 18th century Scotland! Needless to say I slept in this morning and much to my surprise so did everyone else!

I was entirely unmotivated to cook breakfast, so Big Daddy suggested that I pack up the Piggle and make a Round Rock Donut run. Mmmmm, Round Rock Donuts are the best! We don't eat a lot of donuts around here, so it's a BIG treat when we do. Piggy was so proud and asked to carry them inside to present to her Daddy. Unfortunately, the bottom fell out of the box and donuts rolled everywhere! Oops. Bad judgement on my part to entrust the donuts to a 2 y.o.! Oh well, 5-second rule applies and all was not lost! I only found a couple of dog hairs on mine! ;-)

After munching on donuts, it was the time to feed that big 'ol doggy. Monkey Man called him and as he turned the corner, in an excited frenzy, he slipped and fell hard, yelping. We got him off the hardwoods and onto the carpet to check him out, he seemed OK, then he hit the floors again, and slipped and yelped again! We pulled him back onto the carpet, trying to assess the situation with an upset boy and a manic toddler! He was really favoring that leg and I was SO worried that he had blown out his hip! Big middle aged dogs slipping on hardwood floors is NOT cool! We fed him on the carpet, then I led him outside so I could gauge what was up. He dashed around the yard like a young pup! I scolded him for being wild and brought him inside. I just hope everything is cool and he didn't do something that's going to become and issue later. But for now, he is fine, sleeping soundly at his post at the top of the stairs. I was really scared! I can't bear to think of my big, goofy beast being hurt!

No comments: