Saturday, January 10, 2009

Holy Moly, Mama gets out of the house!

Big Daddy is out for the count with a bum neck today, so the chances of cleaning out the garage this weekend are looking pretty damn slim! I had a pretty rough morning, catering to the needs of two kids and a hurt hubby, so after lunch I put the baby down to nap, showered and headed out the door (without kids) to do a little bit of retail therapy! Half-Price Books was calling my name. So I spent about an hour in there trying to locate a new Outlander book, since the Piggle dumped my old one in the bathtub ( just an FYI, paperback books don't do too well after being completely submerged in a lavender bubble bath) and then I perused the used elementary text books, kid's section, and the workout videos. Yes, I admit it, I've been looking for a decent aerobics DVD. I may be skinny, but I'm pretty frickin' far from fit! It was a successful venture as I found the Outlander book AND a nice little kick-boxing video, it's not Billy Blanks, but it looks OK and hell, for $3.98 I won't be too pissed if it sucks!

Afterwards, I headed over to a friend's house to drop a couple of things off and we ended up having a very spontaneous but lovely little chat! Her daughter was out playing and her son was sleeping like an angel on the couch and it was nice to just share a couple of hours with a friend! I really need to work more of that into my ridiculously busy schedule! I need to just get over it and schedule "band practice" every week just like Big Daddy, except my "band practice" would likely not involve any instruments! Maybe it will just be the code word for a bunch of us rockin' mamas getting together to chat, drink beer and rediscover a part of ourselves that isn't necessarily equated with motherhood! That's it... I'm for sure gettin' the band back together man!

3 comments:

KCB said...

Yay! Glad you were able to escape and jam with your friend for a while.

Sorry about the hub's neck. Hope he's better soon!

Little Mama said...

We should get together sometime. I'd love to pick your brain in the gardening dept. and just hang out. We miss your face at park days!

MamaK said...

Just catching up on your blog - I loved our spontaneous chat too! More to come, as I am looking forward to MNO coffee tomorrow:) Thanks for not mentioning my horrifying house - even though I just did. It's better now - you should stop by!