Friday, November 21, 2008

I say, BRRRRR! It's cold in here!


A cold front moved in yesterday and boy did it come in fast! One minute it was a lovely, sunny day with a nice gentle breeze, the next minute the wind was whipping around and chilly to the bone! I HATE cold weather! I would much rather be traipsin' around in shorts, tank tops and flip-flops! Oh well, at least I'm getting some use out of those old sweaters that I've hung onto from the Oregon days. I had to take the kids out to buy some new shoes as all they had were sandals and Crocs. Time for the warmer, winter-type shoes. I found the Piggle the CUTEST little pair of pink and silver Nike's. She will be so stylin'! I also found her a pair of pink Crocs with fuzzy inserts, so she will now have warm, little tootsies!

The leaves on my maple are turning yellow (yeah, they don't turn all orange and red here like they do in OR). There are leaves all over my yard and I'm having to bring in all of my cacti. My house is too damn cold due to all the big windows that are NOT double paned! I guess it is time to start non-stop baking from now until spring. From this day forward, I will be longing for sunny days and warm weather. Someone needs to send me to Mexico already! Seriously.

2 comments:

Sean Wright said...

It has turned cool here again today down to 18 degrees at the start of summer wtf?

Anywho I am back home after the strenght sapping trip in the tropics

Little Mama said...

Welcome back! Get some rest!