Tuesday, November 25, 2008

HEB = HELL

Why is it I always come up short of milk and eggs and bread and toilet paper during the holiday week? I HATE going to the grocery store before the holidays! I was hoping that today would be sort of mellow as there is still tomorrow for last minute shopping, but the HEB was PACKED OUT! Swerving in and out of aisle after aisle of folks who are undecided as to which stuffing to get or whether they want pull apart rolls or the whole wheat kind... holy crap, it's rolls, just pick one! It probably wouldn't be so frustrating if I didn't have kids tagging along, but trying to navigate through a sea of people while the toddler is ripping crap off the shelves or dropping things out of the basket or throwing her new shoes on the ground (thanks to Monkey Man for catching that, otherwise some little girl would have had a new pair of pink fuzzy crocs!) and then the 6 y.o. swinging on the cart, dashing out in front of people or just standing in the middle of the aisle making it impossible for other shoppers to pass, it makes we want to pull my freakin' hair out! And I don't know if anyone else has noticed this phenomenon, but people get UGLY around the holidays. I mean people in general are fairly rude and inconsiderate these days anyway, but get within a week of any major holiday and everyone gets a severe case of Asshole-itis! Nothing aggravates me more than to politely ask someone if I could scoot by only to have them stare me down and give me the eye roll with the sigh. I figured, "Please excuse me." was alot better than, "Move your fucking fat ass!!!" Maybe I was wrong? But the topper was while I was in the Kleenex aisle, I was looking for Puffs and a gentleman in one of those scooter things drove up and was waiting. Since I hadn't yet located the damn Puffs, I politely backed away so he could get by. After he pulled up, I found the Puffs, they were right behind where he parked, so I reached to get the box and he backed up, damn near ran over me, then proceeded to tell me I should have moved when I heard the "beep, beep" sound! He better be damn glad he was sitting down or he would have had a size 8 foot up his ass! Seriously, what ever happened to courteous and polite behavior?

1 comment:

Ginny said...

I'm starting a new tradition. I won't be celebrating Thanksgiving on Thanksgiving anymore. I've decided to celebrate on Saturday right after instead.

We did this this year at my friend's house and it was so much better. Going to the store was a pleasure, and everything was on sale! We got a fresh 14 pound bird for 10 bucks! Can you believe it?

So new traditions for us. We'll just use the Normal Thanksgiving day to mess around, eat junk food, watch t.v...whatever lol. :)