Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day

Today is the day Americans are hitting their polling places to cast their votes! How exciting! I have to admit, this is the first election in my life that has really made an impact on me. Of course I've voted for years, but no race has ever been quite so exciting. I don't know if it's the candidates, the state of affairs, or the fact that I'm introducing all of this to my child, maybe it's just a combination of it all, who knows? Big Daddy has the whole evening planned with the Monkey Man. A few days ago, the two of them sat down with a map of the US and made predictions as to which state would vote for which candidate, they saved that map and this evening they will print a new map and fill it out according to what the actual tally is and then see how close they got! It's been a really great exercise in introducing the electoral college to the Monkey Man. It's nice to have Daddy pitching in with schooling on occasion, especially when it's something he is really interested in! With their permission, once all of the polls are closed and everything is tallied, I will reveal their predictions and the actual totals, so we can all see if they were on target or not so much. Should be fun to see! And, if you haven't been out to vote yet, get a move on!

1 comment:

Sean Wright said...

That is so cool. getting excited and learning about voting at such a young age.