Wednesday, April 30, 2008

People have such nerve!

My daughter has outgrown her high chair, so I'm wanting to sell it. It's one of the really nice ones, top of the line Peg Perego. I posted the high chair on Craigslist about two days ago and got a response from a woman wanting to know if it was still available and where I was located. So just as a note, on Craigslist, you have to post which part of town you're in, that way people know where they will need to travel to pick up stuff. But I wrote her back to inform her it was still available and to give her the specifics of my location. Then I got an email wondering when was a good time for them to see it as they had to drive from South Austin so they wanted to avoid rush hour. I said I was flexible with my time. Then this morning I get another email from her saying that she spoke with her hubby and they determined that coming up north was just very far with gas prices and all so would I mind meeting them halfway to show them the high chair. You have got to be kidding me! First of all, what is it with S. Austin people, if they have to drive past the damn river they freak out! Secondly, like I am going to load up my kids, interrupt my homeschooling and waste MY gas to drive downtown in the hopes of someone possibly buying this stupid chair? Give me a freakin' break! To buy this high chair new, you would spend $179 + tax, which would be $14.77, totaling $193.77. So let's work this out. It is probably 15-ish miles from there to here, most cars get about 18 mpg, gas is $3.50/ gal. So, a round trip for them would cost approximately $7, which is half what they would pay in tax to by a new high chair. So with the $80 for my chair and the $7 in gas equalling $87, they would technically SAVE about $106 if they would just quit whining, get in the damn car and drive up here!

It still annoys the shit out of me that they would even ask me to meet them halfway! That is why, when I post, I put N. AUSTIN in big, bold letters, so dorkos from S. Austin will know that they are in for a drive if they are interested in what I'm selling. I mean seriously, if they find something they like at IKEA, do they call them and whine that it's too far to drive hoping IKEA will send someone out to meet them halfway. And besides if the tables were turned, and I found an item I liked in S. Austin, I would be fully aware that it was my responsibility to drive down to see it. The nerve of people, I really don't need $80 THAT bad!

No comments: