Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Unmotivated.

Just sitting here, surfing the web, reading blogs, looking at pictures of flowers and butterflies, reading about ways to make my home more "green", looking at beautiful tattoos, reading up on vermiculture and basically watching the time slip through my fingers. It isn't that I'm not motivated to do something else, I just have absolutely no energy. This flu has literally kicked my ass. So here I sit, drinking tea, doing the one thing that doesn't make my poor body ache, wishing my children would take a 6 hour nap so I could get some sleep too! But this is not the case. And as much as I have no energy and no desire, I HAVE to get my ass moving today as we are completely out of groceries. My children haven't seen a vegetable in days, there is no more almond milk for the baby, no more bread, no more eggs, no more juice, no more potatoes, no more cheese and less then a half gallon of regular milk. So, unless I want to feed my kids black beans and mayonnaise for lunch, I have to get to a store today.

The Monkey Man has been happy though, watching movies, playing computer games and eating pumpkin bread every chance he gets. I hardly saw the kids yesterday, after Big Daddy got home, I went directly to bed and stayed there. I did get to see the Piggle's smiling face before she went to bed though, and then she cried for me when she left the room and it broke my heart. I wanted to jump out of bed and go grab her and hug and kiss her, but jumping out of bed was an impossibility and I didn't want to kiss her and contaminate her with my funk. I hope this runs its course soon, I seriously just don't have time for being sick! And I seriously miss hugging and smooching my kiddos!

1 comment:

Sean Wright said...

I am feeling the same, I just don't have the flu to blame for it.