Thursday, April 10, 2008

My mistake...

I was so excited to go camping up at Dino Valley and I was thrilled to see the dino sculptures that I thought were present in Pee-Wee's Big Adventure. They are the same type of dinos, but after some more detailed searching I have determined that the dinos in Pee-Wee's movie are not the ones at Dino Valley! They are actually known as the Cabezon Dinosaurs and they reside in Cabezon, CA next to the Big Wheel Inn. They were built by a gentleman who made sculptures for Knott's Berry Farm back in the 60's. So, DAMN IT! I am now going to have to take a trip at some point in my life to see those stupid dinosaurs! When I saw all the Dino Valley stuff and saw a T-Rex with an Apatosaurus, I just figured those HAD to be the ones, that and the fact that Pee-Wee was making his way to the basement at the Alamo, so giant, lifesize statues of dinos in Texas made sense. But alas... I was wrong! At least in Cabezon, I can crawl up into the Apatosaurus belly and buy souvenirs! There's something to be said for that.

2 comments:

Ginny said...

Well at least you have another adventure to look forward to. :)

We need to get together someday in the near future. I'm missing you guys.

Little Mama said...

I know, I feel like I never have time to do anything or see anyone these days. You would think as a homeschooler I'd have more time, but I feel like I'm constantly going from one co-op to another and once you throw in Piggle naps and errands my days are shot! UGH!