Monday, March 31, 2008

What a sight!


I was in the front yard yesterday with my kids and the neighbor kids, watching them all scooter and play. We were just hanging out, enjoying a beautiful Sunday afternoon. All of a sudden Big Daddy goes, "Look at all those birds!" So I turned quickly to see this ENORMOUS flock of birds! I think they must have been some type of crane, as they were huge, but they weren't calling like Sandhill Cranes usually do. They were pretty low and very quiet and there must have been well over 100 of them! I raced in the house as fast as I could to grab the camera, but they were pretty far away by the time I got back out. But I did manage to catch a decent image. It was a truly incredible sight! I have just never seen so many cranes in a single group, it was so cool! And just an FYI, you may want to click on the photo to get a better look.

No comments: