Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I have returned!

As I am sure many of you can relate, it is always fun to get out of town and go visiting, but it is also SO nice to come home again. I think that is what vacations are all about. Get you away from your real life long enough to make you miss it! The week in Clovis was completely uneventful, and that was fine by me! My son spent time with his grandparents at their little framing shop, coloring, making bead necklaces and generally sweet-talking anyone and everyone who came in. I think he was a big hit! And the Piggle spent the week re-wrapping her grandfather around her little pinky finger. It is amazing to see the power of a 20-month old! We got to have dinner at our favorite little Japanese steak house. The kids LOVE watching the chef sling knives around and make volcanoes out of onions!

We were stunned when mid-week a snowstorm blew through! We were ill-prepared in the clothing department, but I went through the suitcase and my MIL went through the closets and we managed to bundle the kids up for at least a little bit of fun in the snow. My son has experienced snow 3 times prior, but the Piggle had never laid eyes on it (not something common in Central TX!) The Monkey Man had a blast making snow angels and throwing piddly snowballs, the Piggle is her mother's daughter for sure and the first instance that she lost her balance and sat in the snow, getting her hands wet, it was ALL OVER! That girl will be like me, I enjoy the snow, so long as I can sit inside by a fireplace with a cup of hot tea (English style) and a good book. Snow is GREAT as long as I can watch it from indoors! OK, I can swing an occasional snowman with the boy, if I have good gloves, but that is the extent of my snow play!

I managed to get to Roswell to visit my 91-year old grandmother. She recently bought herself a Wii and she and the boy "bowled" for hours! It was so cool watching the first generation (so to speak) play with the 4th generation! And it is so cool to know that he will look back at his time with her with great fondness. I only remember one of my great-grandparents and she was a grumpy old lady that wouldn't let me sit on her furniture because I was a dirty kid. No fun there!

Some other highlights included getting to visit with my hubby's aunt and uncle from Amarillo. They were also immediately wrapped around the Piggle's little finger, go figure! We did a little shopping and the Monkey Man came home with some bitchin' t-shirts. The Piggle got her first haircut, which is funny because she really didn't have that much hair, but what she did have was super whispy and getting into her eyes alot. So she now has blunt cut bangs and short in the back, very Buster Brown! She also received her first little pair of ballet slippers. Not saying that I necessarily think she will be a dancer, she might or might not, but my MIL knows a little girl that just loves to wear them. And my little girl loves to wear them too. In fact, she just found them and asked me to put them on her! Too cute!

I will post some photos of the trip in the next post. Glad to be back!

1 comment:

Sean Wright said...

I was just thinking about Wii injuries and thinking what a doctor would say if your grandmother came in.

Good on her for being active into her 90's.