Friday, February 29, 2008

Trying something new!

So I have been wanting to do more with my photography. I take beautiful pictures of my kids, I think I do a pretty nice job with nature and landscape and I LOVE traveling the backroads of the southwest taking photos of old buildings, barns and farmhouses. I have been considering delving into portrait photography. I would prefer to work with entertainers, musicians and just interesting people, not the typical, white, hazy background with the little All-American family, after all, kids are HARD to take pictures of! But I'm a long way off from getting to do the fun stuff. Now it is time to just experiment with portrait photography, the use of lights and reflectors and all the gadget-type crap that I'm not used to. When I do landscape and nature photography, I rely on natural light. Anyway, I have a wonderful friend who is VERY pregnant and I have convinced her that she needs to do belly photos. I did belly photos with both my pregnancies and they are, by far, my favorite photos of myself. The pregnant woman is a wondrous, glowing, sexy thing and far too few women embrace this time of their lives. So I am happy that she is allowing me the honor of photographing her beautiful body. I hope I get at least a few really nice shots to commemorate this wonderful time in her life! I will ask her if I can post one of them, depending on how good I do!

5 comments:

Ginny said...

I'd love to be your guinea pig!

Ginny said...

Oh and I'm hoping to get a better camera in the mail soon so I can get a little more serious about my photography too.

I'd still love to take a couple of classes if that is ever an option for me.

Little Mama said...

Hey haven't heard much from you in awhile! Glad to hear from ya! I am looking forward to the spring, so I can do more portrait-type photography, but do it outside with the wildflowers! I'm up for setting something up with you! And you know all the pretty spots better than I do.

Sean Wright said...

More photo's of Trina and Ginny. Quick I need to sit down and fan myself :)

Ginny said...

Sorry to be making comments so late on several posts on this blog, but damn I've been behind.

Anyway, shoosh you Sean. ;)