Monday, February 25, 2008

McKinney Falls State Park

We took advantage of a gorgeous, sunny Sunday afternoon by packing the kids up and heading out to McKinney Falls State Park for a little day hike. It was nice to get outside and into the fresh air and the scenery was nice, but we learned pretty damn quick that the jogging stroller was NOT gonna happen. The more scenic trail was definitely rugged with lots of stairs and rocky terrain. In fact, the majority of the area was VERY rocky and hard for Miss Piggle Wiggle to get around. It sucks when you're 20-months old and don't quite have a handle on the whole walking thing yet! I didn't have the backpack, so we ended up passing her back and forth and implementing ALOT of shoulder rides! Once we got down to the water though, we just relaxed and watched the kids throw rocks into the ponds. I tried a few times to teach the Monkey Man how to skip rocks, but he just didn't seem to grasp the concept of throwing the flat part of the rock to keep it parallel with the water. Oh well, with time! It was fun though and we were so happy to get out of the house! And I managed to snap a couple of cool pics. Gotta love that hat, right??? And have I mentioned how tickled I get at Texas "waterfalls"? I guess after living in the Pacific NW, I'm a little biased and know what a WATERFALL should really look like. Here they kind of look like kitchen faucets or at best a leaking fire hydrant!




2 comments:

Sean Wright said...

Who's the chicky babe in the cowboy hat?

Ginny said...

Well that's Trina of course, but I think you know that. ;)

Trina, now that you are gearing up for nature, you must come camping with me and the family sometime.

Also, McKinney Falls has a path that is paved, how'd you end up on a major rocky path? The only thing I can think of is that you were hiking McKinney Roughs. Were there switch backs?