Thursday, February 28, 2008

Book Meme

My friend Sean posted a book meme that I thought was interesting so I thought I'd participate. You have to go to the nearest book that has over 123 pages, go to p. 123, find the first 5 sentences, then post the next 3. You're supposed to send it on to 5 other bloggers, but I don't know that many, so there ya have it. But I still thought it was kind of cool.


"At the microscopic level, it gives each of our tissues and organs its distinctive appearance and function. An eyeball looks different from a leg bone whether we look at it with the naked eye or under a microscope. In fact, much of the difference between a leg bone and an eye rests in the ways the cells and materials are arranged deep inside."

So what is the book?

YOUR INNER FISH--A Journey Into the 3.5-Billion-Year History of the Human Body
Written by Neil Shubin

I haven't started reading this yet, but plan to knock it out over the next week, seems fascinating! I can't wait!

2 comments:

Sean Wright said...

Seems more interesting than Photoshop anyhow. And I am still waiting to find out who the cowgirl in the last post was.

Little Mama said...

That cowgirl? Shoot... that was just l'il 'ol me. You can't survive the TX sun without a kickass hat! I tell you though, that photo made me realize how bad I need to get a box of hair color, DAMN that gray!