Sunday, February 24, 2008

OK Nature... here we come!


I have fond memories of camping with my family as a child. So, I thought this might be a fun thing to do with my little family now that my youngest is more mobile and my oldest REALLY enjoys the outdoors. I wasn't too sure how Big Daddy was gonna feel about it, I mean hell, neither of us have camped in like 15 years or something! What really got me motivated though was my homeschooler group. They have yearly spring and fall camping trips and this year they are going to Dinosaur Valley State Park and I've always wanted to go there (at least ever since I saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure). I figured this would be the perfect opportunity for our "virgin" trip. We will be right along side a bunch of camping pros and worst case scenario, we'd be about an hour away from my cousin in Dallas! Big Daddy found a great tent and he set it up all by himself out in the front yard yesterday. I was quite impressed! I think it is a good size and will house family and gear just fine. I'm looking forward to getting out there are trying this, a little nervous, after all keeping an eye on 2 kids literally 24-7 for 3 days is a little daunting, but how will we ever get into it and learn if we don't just jump right in!

4 comments:

Sean Wright said...

Alison and I use a tent that size for the both of us, but I am sure you will be fine :)

Camping is great as long as I don't have to put up the tent everyday.

Little Mama said...

This is a 6 person tent, which I figured would be fine to start with. It's a possibility when kids get older we may opt for one of those "Taj Majal" tents with all the room dividers and stuff. But for now, decent size and ease of pitching was the main concern. I'm excited though!

Sean Wright said...

eah we have a six man tent for the two of us LOL

Ginny said...

So now that you have a tent, you have no excuses to head out on a weekend with me and the clan. There are some great places we can go! :)