Friday, November 30, 2007

Ready for Santa!




Our family tradition is to trim the tree the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I don't really know why, other than it just seems like an opportune time to do it! My son ADORES trimming the tree! Each year I wrap the ornaments individually so he has almost "mini presents" to open. He gets all excited looking for the dinosaurs or the pickle (yes, we have very eclectic ornaments, an alligator with a feather boa and high-heeled shoes, the flying armadillo with ski poles, the infamous pickle, whales, dinos, hippos, a ceramic possum with a 2" tail, VERY FUN stuff!) After an evening of hard work and a little frustration (we were missing part of the tree, but we eventually found it, yea!), we have the tree decorated! We actually got new stockings this year as the baby didn't have a very good one from last year and two of our other three started falling apart. But the new stockings are now hung from the chimney with care! I love the holidays! Well, I should re-phrase that, I love the holidays in my home, I hate the holidays out in the real world. People are mean and irritable around the holidays! But here at home, the house is warm and cheery, the kiddos have that air of excitement, looking forward to Santa's visit, it's a wonderful thing! Now I just have to try to do all my shopping online so I can avoid the general public, haha! This year my husband promised my son that they would hang lights outside as well. I'll be sure to post a picture of that. It will be the first time we have EVER done outdoor lights, should be exciting!

No comments: