Monday, November 05, 2007

Bloody time change!

It is just after 7 am, I have been up for at least a half hour now thanks to the stinkin' time change! I mean it's lighter outside, so better for my hubby, he hates having to get up before daylight, but not so great for me. I'm an 8 o' clock kind of girl! If it's before 8am, it is just sick and wrong! (One of the reason's I love homeschooling, I can't imagine being up and dressed and having kids out the door by 7:30am!) Now it's bad enough that my baby girl has been waking me the past few weeks at 7:30, but now with the time change it's even worse. And how do you tell a baby to go back to sleep, that it's an hour earlier than what she thinks. I even tried to keep her dead on schedule yesterday in accordance to the time change, so I put my over-tired blinking baby down for a nap an hour later than she's used to and did everything in the time frame we usually do, just an hour later hoping it would prime her for a good night's sleep. But no, 6:30am... crying. I ignored her for a bit, hoping she would just get tired and snooze a little more, unfortunately my girl is not one to give up. Persistent little bugger! So here I sit, 7:15 in the morning, red-eyed and over-tired cursing the stupid time change. Who's idea was this anyway?!?! I want to write a letter of complaint!

No comments: