Tuesday, July 24, 2007

We have a door... no thanks to Home Depot!

We found the perfect door, unfortunately it was at Home Depot. I don't know if I've mentioned this before in previous posts but we HATE Home Depot! All they offer is one giant screw job after another! Months ago my in-law's were kind enough to purchase a beautiful chandelier for my dining room and we needed HD to install it. I was informed that there would be an extra charge for the vaulted ceiling, but the girl said it was probably no more than a couple of bucks per foot. Yeah, it was like $23 per foot! The install was over $400, more than the freakin' light! So we swore we'd never deal with them again. We had our front door and storm door installed by Lowe's and they did a great job. We should have known, we are IDIOTS! Lowe's had some nice doors, but HD had THE door. So we sucked it up and decided to buy the door. They insisted they had to come and measure (even though it was an in-stock, standard-sized door). It took them 4 days to show up to do that, then I had to wait for them to call with the final quote, blah, blah, blah. Well the final quote was over $100 more than the advertised price in the store! HOLY shit! Luckily it was the hubby that took that call and man, he was kicking ass and taking names! I'll be honest, I was slightly turned on by my big, strong man taking care of business! RRRaaaaaahhhh! Anyway, we canceled that order, he fought hard and got us our initial $30 down-payment back.

So it was off to Lowe's (where we should have just gone in the first place) and ordered our second choice of a door. This was late Saturday and yesterday we got a call that they would be here first thing this morning, which they were! So I was able to get them out here, get the door installed and be done with it in 2 days less time than it took HD to come out and measure! JEEZ! So to all of you thinking about embarking on a home improvement project or if you just need a new weed eater, I implore you to PLEASE go to Lowe's or one of your local mom and pop hardware stores!!! Home Depot just does not deserve your business!

1 comment:

Ginny said...

Thanks for the heads up.