Monday, July 16, 2007

Shaving

Trina's seriously random observation of the day... shaving SUCKS! I really hate shaving, it is a pain in the ass, wobbling around on one foot while wielding a sharp object in one hand and trying not to fall on your butt while you strive for optimum smoothness on your legs! Armpits aren't so bad, no balancing act there. I am sure there have been many women that ended up in the ER after busting ass in the shower trying to shave! At least guys get to stand on dry ground and look in a mirror.

If I wasn't adverse to looking like a Wookie, I wouldn't do it all. But as much as I hate to admit it, I think a woman with slick, hairless legs is gorgeous! There is something about the shape of the calf that is so much more enhanced when there is no hair present. The pains we go through to accomplish this though. And it isn't like there are good alternatives to shaving. There is Nair and the such, but I prefer to stay away from that stuff, it's so nasty it should be used in chemical warfare. And then waxing, yeah, not a big fan of someone slathering me in hot wax and ripping my hair out by the follicles. I subject myself to waxing for my eyebrows and can't even imagine having that pain transferred to a much larger surface area! I think technically, eyebrow waxing hurts bad enough that it makes you go blind for like 12 seconds! And I don't even want to think about bikini and Brazilian waxing, some areas should just be left alone! (Not to mention I'm not too keen on having strangers in those areas!) And as much as I never want to get waxed there, I never want a job where I am administering wax there, EEWWW! But I digress... I suppose there is laser hair removal, but who can afford that? I'm thinking spending like a buck a follicle to have someone singe it out of existence with a laser is a little much! I also remember in the late 80's there was something called the Epi-Lady, a supposedly pain-free alternative to shaving. Yeah, pain free if you were a PARAPLEGIC!!! My best friend got one as a gift, I tried it once and determined it would be better used to subdue criminals!

So I guess I'm stuck, teetering around in the shower, cursing whoever came up with the idea of shaving, at least until I'm old enough not to give a shit anymore and let my Wookie flag fly!

No comments: