Friday, July 20, 2007

Observation of the day.

Why do people find it necessary to email me political propaganda? I get bombarded with this shit on a daily basis. And the worst of it, is it is mostly MY family! It annoys the hell out me! I realize that we all have differing political viewpoints, that's what America is all about, right? And I'm all for speaking your mind and free speech and all that jazz, however, I feel the same way about politics as I do religion... it's your business and unless I am specifically seeking you out for salvation or advice, LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE!

My father's side of the family (the main culprits) are very conservative in their views, which is fine, to each there own. As you all probably gather, I am more to the liberal side of things, however, I'm not a registered Democrat. Independent all the way for this girl as I feel bi-partisan politics are a freakin' joke... but that's another topic. Anyway, all of my cousins, my grandmother, etc... feel the need to send me all this stuff, ranging from bashing Democrats to wanting to shoot spotted owls. Yeah, nice. Of course they all know I'm a tree-hugger and this is a big joke for them. Whatever. I can handle the teasing, but it just annoys me that these people seem to have enough time to forward me all this political agenda crap-ola, yet most of them haven't called me on the phone or sent an actual note in over two years!!! I just find it weird that someone can take time out of their busy life to forward me a bunch of shit I could care less about, but they can't take the time to actually write me to see how I am, how the kids are etc... And do I send them a bunch of propaganda about my views on the environment or politics, NO! Because I have the decency and the couth to mind my own business and keep my politics to myself! Which enables me to have a diverse group of friends! I give them the respect they deserve and they do the same for me. Too bad my family can't seem to catch on to this subtle nuance of interpersonal communication!

3 comments:

past prime said...

Can I talk to you about the fabulous Republican party? How about terminal flatulance? It's nothing to be sniffed at. Ha Ha

Little Mama said...

He-Heh!

Ginny said...

Maybe you should just bombard them back with political stuff too.