Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Too good to be true!

Seems as though my mega-happy dance and celebration over the resolution of my woes with NAMC were a bit premature. The receipt they promised to send stating "PAID IN FULL" arrived, however, it showed I paid my $34 yet I still have a balance of $455! And people wonder why, in this day and age, people freak out and go totally postal! I have wasted countless hours over the last year arguing with these assholes and I finally think things are finished, kaput, finito, but NOOOOOO!

I tell you what though, this mild-mannered, suburban mother is about to become a full-blown, raging, ass-kicking bitch with these people! I called them this morning and they are giving me some bullshit about how BCBS paid $550 then turned around months later and recuped that payment, so therefore NAMC is recuping their contractual adjustment of $455. OK, whatever, I still don't see how that affects my bottom line in the least. If the initial bill (and mind you, I have a fully itemized bill FROM THEM) was $1596 (which is what they billed the insurance) and the insurance subsequently paid approximately $1437, leaving a balance of $159 that was my responsibility and I made $125 payment in Jan. and then a $34 payment last week, how the hell can they say I owe them any more money?!?!? I swear, if I didn't think most attorneys were as bloodsucking as the hospitals, I would be contacting and attorney to deal with this shit. But that's all I need is to have money conflicts with a goddamn lawyer! The lady at NAMC said she would send out a work order, so they can "review" my situation and I should call back in 7 days. I am halfway tempted to drive my ass to San Antonio and show up in person in 7 days and not leave until they hand me a freakin' receipt! Can you picture this? Me standing in their offices with a handful of paperwork and call logs (you damn right, I have made notes and written down the name of every person I've spoken to over the last year!), a manic 5 y.o. running around and a crying, crabby baby on my hip, tapping my foot and giving the evil eye waiting for them to provide me with a resolution to this issue. You think they'd deal with me or just call security?

What happened to the days of customer service and ethics? Long gone I suppose, it's every person for themselves. But this little girl ain't backin' down. I'm in it for the long haul!

2 comments:

Ginny said...

we have a crap load of medical bills. Russell freaks out on me when I tell him to not worry about them as much as the other bills, but I know what a run around it is to try to get insurance companies to do their job. It's seriously fucked up.

I worked in the medical billing industry for years and years...getting insurance companies to pay what they owe is a huge problem and takes up tons of time and resources. What a racket...I can tell you are finding that out for yourself.

I hope you get the result you are looking for but won't hold my breath for you.

Little Mama said...

Unfortunately, in my case, it actually ISN'T the insurance company, it's the hospital. They have billed the wrong account consistently, they have harrassed me beyond belief and they absolutely cannot do simple math. I think this battle would be easier if I was dealing with the insurance. Who knows? I just know my insurance is actually paying what they should but NAMC is still wanting more, from them and me! They even stated that my bill is based on what they think they can get from the insurance company. What a crock of shit!