Tuesday, December 11, 2007

OK, what is up with the weather?!?

Sorry for my extended absence, I have been dealing with sick kids and now I seem to have picked it up myself... lucky me! I have been downing Airborne like it's going out of style, so at least it isn't really nasty. I hope it stays that way. I guess I should be glad, better to be sick now than over the holidays.

Anyway, on to more important things like the weather. What the hell is up with this Texas weather?? Last week it was in the upper 80's, in DECEMBER!!!! Then on Sunday, I dressed the family accordingly for warm weather and while we were out running errands the temperatures tanked and I walked out of Hancock Fabrics in my capri pants and t-shirt and my baby in her shorts and t-shirt to be hit in the face with freezing wind and a little bit of sleet! Holy crap, talk about unprepared! I didn't even have a little blankie in the car for her. Definitely not winning "Mother of the Year" after that! So, it's been really cold for two days, I had to bring in all my cacti and such but lo and behold, I get up and watch the forecast only to hear that it is a freakish 72* and we'll probably end up in the 80's by late afternoon, to be followed by a cold front which will knock our temps back into the low 50's tomorrow. No wonder I'm sick! All these drastic changes in temperature and humidity, my poor little bod just can't keep up with it all. Do we turn the heater on or the air conditioning, do I put the baby in her polar fleece jammies or her light cotton jammies, do we pull out the down comforters or just leave the quilts on the bed? It's too much, my brain hurts as well as my throat! Just give me some damn winter weather so I can at least have some sort of consistency!

No comments: