Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Not AGAIN!!!

As you probably read before, my little girly took a tumble and conked her head last week, which in turn caused her to barf all over my car! That took a good 3 hours to clean up and I had to tear her carseat apart and dig all around in the nooks and crannies to get it all off. It was AWFUL! But life returned to normal and we were all happy... UNTIL (dum, dum, DUM!) Sunday night when the boy went to bed and we heard a screech from his room. We rushed in to see what the problem was and he had puked all over himself and his bed! Not again!!! Hubby grabbed him up and took him into the bathroom to get him cleaned up, and I was left to get the bed changed out. Honestly, I don't know what is worse, carefully pulling off barfy sheets trying to make sure it doesn't hit the carpet or having to clean puke out of a kid's hair?!? Either way, we both had dirty jobs to contend with! I swear, if I have to clean up another round of kid barf this week, I'm gonna freak the hell out! Oh well, I suppose I should be thankful that it was puke and not diarrhea! Yuck!

So for those of you out there thinking of having children I would like to pass on some words of wisdom, if you have a weak stomach don't do it! Kids are not in control of their bodily functions for a VERY long time. YOU, my friend, will be forced to pick up and cuddle the crying child who has just heaved an entire bowl of vegetable soup all over his pajamas. It is you who will try desperately to get a diaper full of diarrhea off without getting it on the carpet or YOURSELF! It is you who will be cleaning toilet seats, mats and floors because your little man just doesn't have the aim you might hope for. And let's not forget trying to get the poop-covered onesie off the kicking, screaming infant in a mall bathroom and realizing you don't have another change of clothing for her or you! It is year after year of being way more familiar with another human's pee, poop and puke! I mean seriously, I worked at a children's hospital for 3 years and the stuff I cleaned up there PALES in comparison to the stuff I've had to deal with at home with my own kids!! At least hospitals are meant for that kind of mess. Linoleum floors, plastic paneling on the walls, plastic covering on all the beds, not to mention the fact that if you need to clean up a mess you are provided with all the high-tech stuff to do it with the highest level of efficiency and lowest level of exposure to yourself. If I had rubber gloves, masks, goggles, surgical gowns and shoe covers, all this puking may not bother me so bad! But as of yet, I don't have a Haz-Mat kit, so I am reduced to rags, paper towels and a washing machine that most likely hates me! I swear, the things you do for the little farts that you love!

3 comments:

Sean Wright said...

My coworkers regale me with stories of their children painting the newly wallpapered room with poop, painting themselves etc.

Makes incontinent cats sound like a breeze.

Ginny said...

Ugh, it's all so true!

Little Mama said...

Aaah, poop art! Knock on wood, neither of mine have tried that. I am desperately hoping it stays that way!