Wednesday, December 19, 2007

It's beginning to look alot like... eh whatever!

I am done. Done with driving around amidst all the psycho nonsense referred to as the "Holiday Season". Holiday my ass! What in the world does driving around in the epitome of consumerism looking for gifts, trying to mail packages, or standing in line for hours with two kids to try to buy a stinkin' book of stamps to mail letters have ANYTHING to do with a holiday? The actual word "holiday" is defined (as per good old Merriam-Webster) as a day of festivity when no work is done. Bwaaa-haaaaa-HAAAAA! When exactly is THAT day, cause I want one of those! This is the time of the year when we are supposed to have good cheer and good will for our fellow man, right? The only good cheer I've received as of yet is a blaring horn and the Bird when I pulled into a parking space that was rightfully mine! (I had my blinker on and everything!) Maybe I missed the memo, but it seems the new wave of Christmas cheer is more along the lines of, "Merry Christmas and Go Fuck Yourself in the New Year!" But like I said, I'm done. I have finished my shopping and my only obligation outside of my home is grocery shopping tomorrow. I will then begin my hermit phase and not set foot out of this house until the day after XMAS! Because we all know, the closer we get to actual XMAS day, the nastier people get. So I will haul-up in the house, drink tea and apple cider, sit by the fireplace with my beautiful children and thumb my nose at all the crazy assholes that are out being menaces to society in the name of Jesus and brotherly love!

2 comments:

past prime said...

Maybe you could be visited by three spirits - past, present, and future - to get you into the real mood of the season. (Excuse the reference to Charles Dickens.)

Little Mama said...

The only three spirits I hope to be visited by are Whiskey, Rum and Vodka!