Friday, October 24, 2008

The making of a cheetah and a woodland fairy!

I have been working diligently for almost a month straight on the kids' costumes. It has been alot of work, but I think it has paid off, they are really turning out cute! Today is the big test, Halloween Party with our homeschool group. We get a chance to show them off and see where I need to do some work before the BIG night. Monkey Man's costume was pretty straight-forward, I used a pattern this year and it definitely has a more "finished" look to it. It was the damn spots that killed me. They don't make cheetah fabric, they make leopard and zebra and tiger and giraffe, but NOT cheetah. So I bought yellow polar fleece and ended up hand-painting probably 1000 spots on the damn thing! UGH! So worth it though, it's cute! The Piggle's woodland fairy costume has been a little more intense, dying onesies, sewing flowers on the onesie, finding wings and spray painting them (they were lime green to begin with), making and attaching flowers and ribbons to a tutu, decorating the wings with glitter and jewels then doing the back piece for the wings. I ended up having to re-do the harness system for the wings as well since she was a bit small for them. All in all, I think they will be stunning come Halloween night! So much work, but so worth it! Here are some pics!

Mama workin' hard!


Halfway done with spots!


Finished cheetah, yea!

No comments: