Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Finally!


I was sent the information months ago, I have been waiting patiently and it has finally arrived! Yes, I'm talking about my big,new and blue recycling cart! The city of Austin now offers curbside recycling for everyone. We no longer have to deal with sorting and upkeep of little blue bins, we can now just dump all of our recyclables into one cart and be done with it. They have expanded the items that they take, which now includes, 1-7 plastics, glass, tin, aluminum, steel, corrugated cardboard, newspaper, board boxes (such as cereal boxes and such) magazines and scrap paper! Hooray! And to top it off, they are only picking up every other week to conserve on gasoline! I am seriously loving this, just a new and better way for me to reduce, re-use and recycle!

No comments: