Tuesday, October 28, 2008

It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!

In line with our yearly tradition, we spent Saturday evening carving our jack-o-lanterns! Carving pumpkins, like trimming the Christmas tree, is one of my FAVORITE holiday activities. I always enjoy taking a plain 'ol pumpkin and making something great with it! And the kids LOVE it! Of course each family member gets a pumpkin and this year, I painted 3 little pumpkins white and then carved them, little ghostie pumpkins if you will! Too cute! I also attempted to roast pumpkin seeds this year, I mean jeesh, we only hollowed out 7 pumpkins, I felt guilty throwing it all away. Unfortunately they didn't turn out that great. Next year I'll go strictly with salted and not attempt spicy, unless I can figure out something better to spice them with! Anyway, here are our pumpkins!



Little ghostie pumpkins

1 comment:

Ginny said...

These pumpkins are awesome! I'm always amazed at the versatility and creativity people come up with when making jack o lanterns.