Monday, June 23, 2008

We're BAAAAACK!

Hola Everyone! We are safely back in the US of A from our wonderful little excursion to Cozumel. I wish I could say I was glad to be home, but it's hot as shit here, my toddler is crabbier than ever and there is no view of the ocean from my balcony. Hell, I don't even have a balcony! For six days I had someone to cater to my every need. May I have a pina colada? Si! May I have fresh towels for the pool? Si! May I have 3 helpings of dessert AND a Mexican coffee? Si! I think about the only time I was told "no" was when I lost my camera bag and I asked if anyone had turned it in.

I am trying to figure if the vacation was so wonderful because of the beautiful scenery, the snorkeling, the swimming, and the wonderful meals and service, or was it just the fact that I had almost an entire week where I didn't have to cook, do dishes, clean bathrooms or change diapers! I thought I would have some trouble adjusting without the kids and the stress that I'm used to, but as soon as the plane lifted off from Houston and we were flying over the Gulf of Mexico, I left it all behind. I was confident that the kids were in good hands with the grandfolks, so what was there for me to worry about? I dove into this with reckless abandon, fully intending to enjoy every minute!

We ended up not doing quite all the things I had wanted to do, but I don't regret it. We wanted to make it to the mainland to see Tulum, and although the excursion would have been free, it was just a LONG day, on the ferry by 7am, back after 6pm. So I decided that I really wanted to try to actually RELAX some this vacation and opted out of such a long day. We did rent a Jeep and explore the east side of the island and the San Gervasio ruins. Other than that though, it was alot of snorkeling, laying by the pool, drinking pina coladas, eating good food and shopping for goodies for the kids. It will take me awhile to get my photos in order, but I will regale you with tales throughout the week!

No comments: