Tuesday, June 10, 2008

We might have some success!!!

As the old saying goes, "A watched pot never boils", it must be true for gardens too! I have been so obsessed over my veggie garden. I have mulched and fertilized and watered and worried and fussed, Big Daddy thinks I'm nuts! He says we should have another kid, it would be less stressful for me. Haha! Anyway, I have tried to let go a little, realize that if it's gonna live and yield it will, if not, I'll try again in the fall and winter. So yes, I've watered on occasion, but I have tried to not go out and fuss with it. Much to my surprise, we were out Sunday evening letting the kids play in their little shark pool and I decided to just go see how the garden was doing and lo and behold, my jalapeno plant has several peppers, almost ready to harvest and my Sweet 100 tomato plant has around 8 little tiny tomatoes! My cantaloupe plant is growing rapidly, no buds or fruit yet, but the plant looks healthy, my bell peppers are starting to bloom and put on new foliage and the other tomato plants aren't putting on fruit yet, but they are rapidly growing foliage as well. I may end up with a half-way successful garden after all. Yee-haw! I'll be especially glad for the tomatoes since we are having a HUGE tomato recall in Texas. Salmonella contamination! Henceforth why I'll be happy to eventually master my garden space, you can't trust store bought food anymore! Tomatoes, spinach, lettuce, everything is contaminated with Salmonella or E. Coli. Sucks! Anyway, here are a couple of pics of my soon to be fruitful garden!

Jalapenos!

Sweet little mater!

No comments: