Monday, June 30, 2008

Amazing end to my day!

So if you read the previous post, you know most of my day yesterday involved cutting away that freakin' vine! I promise, I won't get started again! But after that whole fiasco, my day just got better and better! Hubby came home with a small chain saw, a new weed eater (ours died about a month ago) and lo and behold... a NEW garbage disposal! Ours pooped out after a thunderstorm knocked our power out! I think the stupid thing would still work, but the power surge did something to blow the GFC? Either way, it's not working and it costs less to buy a new one than it is to have someone come out to look at it and then tell me I need a new one! (I hate this by the way, how disposable everything in this world is, we really should strive to fix things and use them as long as possible, but it's unfortunately it's not financially feasible... alas, another post, another time!) Then, as if this wasn't all good enough, Big Daddy and the kiddos took me out for burgers so I wouldn't have to cook after slaving over evil vines! Nothing like a good burger to make a girl feel better!

After dinner I came home and was overcome with a need for some "Trina-time"! I went out to the garage, set up my easel, found an appropriate canvas, cracked open the paints for the first time in MONTHS, dug out my boom-box, plugged in my iPOD and set about painting something for over my fireplace. I opted to open the garage door to hopefully get a cool breeze and much to my delight a storm started rolling in! It was a good, hard rain with little wind, so I was able to keep the door open. Ironically, I went in to get a drink and when I came back out, it was raining like hell and "Riders On the Storm" was cranking out of the iPOD, that was so cool! So there I stayed for hours, listening to the storm and some great tunes, smelling the clean fresh air, enjoying the breeze and actually exploring one of my favorite hobbies! The painting, of course, isn't done yet, but when it is, I'll post a pic. But for now, I am just happy I had the opportunity. Sometimes I forget what it's like to be in my own space, alone in my own mind, especially when I have the constant chatter of children in my head all the time. Just what I needed and I REALLY need to make time for this kind of stuff more often!

No comments: