Monday, January 28, 2008

Taking advantage of a beautiful day!





It was gorgeous yesterday! So how could I keep my little family all cooped up in the house?!? I packed up Mom, kids and Booney (mom's dog) and headed to St. Edwards Park which runs next to Bull Creek. It was a lovely walk, the boy, Mom and Booney, of course, left me and the girly in the dust. But little girly held her own and walked almost the entire hike. She was TIRED when we got home! Although the leaves were off the trees and the majority of the greenery was far from green, it was still a beautiful walk. Plenty of stuff to please the senses! My son enjoyed chunking rocks into the creek, I think all little boys dig that, and my daughter was just hellbent on trying to actually get IN to the creek. At one point she amused herself by using a little stick to dig in some damp earth when she decided it would be a good idea to try a taste. From the look on her face, it didn't taste at all good! After all was said and done, we packed up and headed to the Arboretum for some Amy's Ice Cream (Mexican Vanilla with strawberry crush'ns... mmmmm!) What a fun day!

No comments: