Friday, January 18, 2008

The Christmas cactus



I received a XMAS cactus last year (XMAS 2006), it was in full bloom and beautiful. Then of course the blooms died off and it has just been a little cactus for the rest of the year. Much to my surprise, it actually bloomed again right at XMAS time. I never imagined that they truly bloom at XMAS time! Anyway, we got a new camera for XMAS and I was playing with the macro function and got a couple of pics. I have to say the blooms are quite spectacular!

2 comments:

Sean Wright said...

Those pictures look beautiful may I ask what type of Camera?

Little Mama said...

It's a little Canon G9. We swear by Canon in this household, they rock. We have a more professional grade (that actually has been in the shop, but is now home and working great) that is awesome, but very bulky. So this little G9 is pretty small, we were able to get a nice little bag for it that I can hook over my belt. Not that I question my hubby's selections on camera equipment, he rocks, but I AM pleasantly surprised at the quality and detail of the photos with this little camera. Highly recommended!