Friday, December 19, 2008

It's the little things...



Like making gingerbread houses with good friends and amazing kids! People tease me about the gingerbread houses and cookies, the hand-made costumes and spiderwebs at Halloween, or the crazy McDuff-cakes, and Harry Potter and pirate birthday parties, but that's OK. I know in my heart, even with all the mess and all the stress, these are the things of memories and I cherish each and every one! These kids just grow so fast. I feel like I blinked and my little boy went from pudgy toddler to long, lean almost 7 year-old and my tiny newborn became a toddler! So... I do all the stuff, I start traditions, I take pictures like crazy and I try to revel in every moment that they are small! For I know these times are fleeting and before I know it, they will be out of the house, with families of their own, starting their own traditions. I just hope they look back fondly on their childhood and know that they were loved beyond compare!

Here are the Monkey Man and the Piglet's most amazing gingerbread creations (the "Banana House" is the Monkey's, fitting right?)! The Piggle had just a little help from Mommy! ;-)

1 comment:

Ginny said...

I hope you and your family have a wonderful time this year. I think of you often! Love Virginia!