Monday, July 21, 2008

Heading out

Thanks to an invite from the folks, I'll be packing up the Piglet and the Monkey Man and heading over to New Mexico this week. We'll stop in Clovis for a couple of days, then head to the cabin in Ruidoso for the rest of the week! I am SOOO excited! Granted, I'm not looking forward to the gas prices or the 9 hour trip in the car with a crabby toddler, but I am looking forward to time at the cabin. We haven't been since last year and although I'm sad that Big Daddy has to stay home to work and take care of the garden, I think the kids and I will still have a good time. The cabin is always a good time! You just can't beat the fresh air, the mild temperatures and all the critters that visit. We usually see chipmunks, hummingbirds, blue jays, woodpeckers, squirrels, deer, elk and the bears have been out in force this year! The kids are excited as they will get to see all three grandparents and their great-grandmother as well. So it is very likely you won't hear from me for about a week and a half. But I will come home with great pics and hopefully good stories!

No comments: