Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The money pit

We really should have never started working on our house! The floors... that was all we were supposed to tackle, just the floors. Of course when you rip off the trim to put down the floors you realize how screwed up and shabby the trim is (note to self, need new trim). OK, all we need is floors and trim, until we pull the toilet out to tile the bathroom. Eeeww! Note to self, need new toilet! OK, all we need is floors, trim, and a new toilet, that's all we need! Well, if we need to get a new toilet, we should pull out that hideous full length vanity top and the mirror that goes all the way across the wall. Why the mirror? Seems as though those of the male persuasion find it unnerving to have to watch themselves urinate, since I sit, I never noticed this was a problem, who knew? OK, all we need is floors, trim, a toilet, a sink and a mirror and that's all we need! Oh yeah, the utility room is just not functional we need some cabinets for that or at least shelving. OK, all we need is floors, trim, toilet, sink, mirror and cabinets, that's all we need! And paint, the bath and utility walls look so dull with the new tile so we NEED new paint. OK, all we need is floors, trim, toilet, sink, mirror, cabinets and new paint, that's it, that's ALL we need! But we still need to replace the back door since it leaks. OK, all we need is floors, trim, toilet, sink, mirror, cabinets, paint and a back door, that's ALL we need!

Cool, I really think that might be it! Hooray, we're done! Ah shit... now the carpet looks sad!

2 comments:

Sean Wright said...

We refitted our bathroom. When we pulled up the tiles and the bath we discovered there was no concrete slab underneath, just bare earth. Got very nervous at that point.

We are considering major renovations now, I hate to think what other things we will find.

Ginny said...

wow, that must have been a huge surprise to find only bare earth. I'd have gotten nervous too.

I'm thinking about doing some major renovations myself. I want to put in paper flooring in my kitchen and bathrooms. I also am going to do a bunch of mosaic stuff.

I worked on a mosaic art project tonight as a matter of fact for about six hours. I must go to bed! It's 4:25am here.