Monday, June 25, 2007

I've Been Tagged

Ginny Glasser tagged me! But here's the sad thing, she is the only one I know who blogs in the public domain. All of my other blog friends blog on private spaces about their kiddos. So unfortunately, although I can participate, I can only tag her back or tag my other blog! I need to make more blogger friends!

1. All right, here are the rules.
2. We have to post these rules before
we give you the facts.
3. Players start with eight random facts/habits about
themselves.
4. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about
their eight things and post these rules.
5. At the end of your blog, you
need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
Don't forget
to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your
blog.

Anyway, for anyone who's interested here are my 8...

1. I always thought I was a bad girl, but it turns out I'm really not! All throughout my teenage years I was a party animal with lots of boyfriends, I was destined to be a rockstar (or at the very least a rockstar's girlfriend). I love tattoos, black high-heel boots, heavy metal and punk rock and I have a the worst foul mouth (I could make a trucker or a sailor blush!). And although I had a great time in my wild life, I settled very easily into marriage and motherhood. I've been married for almost 13 years, I have 2 beautiful children (5 and 12 mos) and my life is so much more meaniful and joyful than I could have ever imagined. Sometimes I feel I I've lost a little of what made me "ME", but maybe I didn't lose anything, maybe I just evolved.

2. I like animals more than I like most people.

3. I seem to have the gift of gab. I am one of those people that can never tell a short story. I am ALL about the detail.

4. When I was 3 or 4 I got a HUGE tick in my ear and when my mom pulled it out, she put it in a jar of alcohol and I kept it on my dresser and named it Edward.

5. Although I live in Texas, my soul belongs in Oregon. When I lived there, surrounded by green, flowers, forest, and ocean my heart was full of joy and for the first time in my life I felt honestly and truly like I was home. I miss it!

6. I never wanted to be a mother, my son was a surprise, but I find it odd that the one thing I NEVER wanted to be turned out to be the one thing that I am truly happy with and truly good at.

7. I used to play bass guitar in several bands, in high school I was in the all-girl glam band Shameful Pain, then I moved on to a thrash metal band called Screamer, then I moved to Phoenix where I played in a band called Gutterslut, then in ABQ I dabbled in a punk band we called Coprophagy (go look that one up, it's funny!).

8. I once broke a guy's nose for hitting me!

4 comments:

Ginny said...

Thanks for playing! I loved reading all 8 things you wrote. I didn't know you played bass in several different bands! That's cool!

Ginny said...

btw, I tried to access your other blog, but it didn't come up.

Psychodiva said...

A tic called Edward lol- and I agree with your other post about segregating mums- I felt that way for a lot of my life - but I know less people now that i work full time than when i did when i was at home with the kids.

Ginny said...

I once broke a guy's nose for hitting me!

Heh, my cousin kicked a cab driver's ass in New York city. He got physical with her first and she taught him a lesson I bet he didn't soon forget.

She's only like 5'3 but was a swimmer her whole life. The muscles in her arms would put a man's to shame but of course you can't tell if she's wearing a long sleeved blouse. She looks so petite and harmless.

Anyway, he sorely underestimated her. I love it when women can turn the tables on men like that. Some men totally deserve to be brought down a peg or two.