Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Just wondering...

OK, I assume we have all ventured into a Wal-Mart or Target or any other big box retailer. I also assume that you have noticed, ESPECIALLY at Wal-Mart that there are 50 check out lanes. However, has anyone EVER seen more than 6 of those lanes open at one time, even during the holidays? In fact, the Wal-Mart by my house is lucky to have 3 actual checkers open and 4 of the "self-check" aisles open. Now the "self-check" aisles, those will have to be addressed in an entirely different entry! Anyway, I was just wondering what is the purpose of having 50 lanes? I think I would possibly crap myself if I ever walked into a Wal-Mart with all 50 lanes open! In fact, I might wonder if I was actually still among the living or if I had died and gone to heaven where Wal-Mart has all 50 lanes open, with checkers, 24 hours a day! Just think of it, instead of pearly gates it would be pearly check out lanes, with helpful, smiling clerks, where all items had tags and rang up with the proper price, and when you finished you could stop at the Golden Arches for your 0 calorie Big Mac, Supersize fries and drink, then walk out of the store to your front row parking space! Aaaah, do I dare dream of such pleasures? NO! Because I know this joy is not to be found on Earth and nothing short of Divine intervention or a full-fledged miracle would there ever be a Wal-Mart where all 50 lanes were open. And how do I know this? Wal-Mart is actually run by Satan, so those other 47 lanes are there to taunt and torment your brain while you stand in an endless line with 2 items, a crying baby, a manic 5 year-old and a desperate need to pee! Am I right?

No comments: