Tuesday, March 13, 2007

What?!?

We were in Lowe's yesterday looking for front doors. Dull, dreary and uneventful, yet after the 2am fiasco of soupy mortar and a ruined tile entryway, a new front door is a necessity. But that, my dears, is another blog entry all together. Anyway, after dealing with doors I decided to go look at the moulding to see if there was anything attractive to go around the fireplace tile. While perusing the moulding my son was running up and down the aisle, being generally obtrusive and noisy. At one point he yells out, "Mommy!" " Yes, Dear." "Guess what??? I have a HOLE in my BUTT!!!" Try to picture stunned silence on my part, then the "look-around" to see if anyone was in earshot, then the momentary thoughts of "What the hell made him think of that?". I called him over to me, trying to shush him and he's all, "What? I DO have a hole in my butt!" So I am trying to explain that yes, I understand he has a hole in his butt and that we all do, HOWEVER, we don't really need to discuss this type of thing in PUBLIC. He looks slightly confused, so I tried to explain that we generally try not to discuss butts, pee-pees or anything that comes out of those things when we are in public places. He takes a minute to mull this over and asks if that means farting too. "Yep, farting too." Then with a shrug, he accepts this new bit of information and on we go. I'll be interested to see how long this lasts. Something tells me it is genetically impossible for a 5 year-old boy not to discuss bodily functions!

No comments: