Monday, January 29, 2007

Salute to Procrastination

Oh yes I am a procrastinator
Why do it today, when I can do it later
Things may take a week, a month or a year
But things eventually do get done around here

My house isn't spotless, in fact it's a mess
But laundry and dishes cause strife and stress
Time is just something that slips through the cracks
While I'm changing poopy diapers and doling out snacks

If I didn't have all these kids, pets and fish
Things would get done around here as quick as I wish
But what a boring life that would be
Only having to take care of little 'ol me

Clutter and projects will always be here
But not the little kiddos I hold so dear
Someday they'll move on with lives of their own
So I'll finish those projects when I'm sad and alone

But at least they'll remember that I took the time
To read them stories and play with green slime
That we went to the park and had lots of fun
Even if the work wasn't done

So I take full responsibility of my procrastinating ways
And I'll continue to put things off for days
Eventually I'll finish everything I started
Maybe even BEFORE I'm dearly departed

No comments: