Monday, December 18, 2006

Hollywood Purse Dogs...please.

I was reading an article on Yahoo News about some poll over who the best and worst celebrity dog owners are. I guess Oprah was the best and Britney Spears and Paris Hilton were the worst. Actually, after reading the article, I was annoyed that such crap-ola is newsworthy and I was slightly ashamed that I read the whole thing. Frankly, I could give a hairy dog's butt about Britney, Paris or even Oprah. But the fact remains that I am slightly unnerved about this whole "Purse Dog" thing. What is UP with that? I am all for having a dog for companionship. My dog is the coolest dog ever and a wonderful companion, but I certainly would never use him to accessorize my outfits (unless you count the massive amounts of dog hair that end up ON my outfits!) Besides, if I tried to heave the 75-lb. Oatman over my shoulder I would probably end up in the ER with a hernia! And another thing, WHY would you want to have an accessory that is going to need to stop and take a dump at some point? Oh, I forgot, we're talking about rich folks here, they can afford to have someone else pick up little Snookie's "tootsie rolls" off the sidewalk. Now that's a job! "Hey, what do you do for a living?" "I clean up Paris Hilton's dog shit!" Now if that won't get you a date I don't know what will! So come on people, let's get real, walk your dog, love your dog, care for your dog, even pamper the hell out of your dog, but for cryin' out loud, if you want a new accessory that would go great with your outfit, try getting a brain!

No comments: