Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Spiderman, spiderman, does whatever a spider can...

My son got a Spiderman suit from his grandparents while we were on vacation. Now he has agreed that he doesn't want to be Spiderman for Halloween, he wants to be a robot (we're excited about that!) Anyway, since he received this suit he has been in it non-stop! I don't know why I bother to buy clothes for him as all he wants to wear is that silly suit. Now I'm thrilled that he enjoys the suit, and he is definitely getting his money's worth out of it, but for the love of PETE!!! For some reason when he is suited up, he is a PUNK! He does all sorts of crazy crap that he knows he shouldn't do. Climbing on the stair bannisters, jumping out of the window seat onto the couch or our bed, trying to climb walls, putting his feet on the walls and generally bouncing around and all over and up and down and rolling on the ground with a constant barrage of "tsseew, tseeew" noises accompanied by web-slinging wrist action. It is truly enough to drive you out of your mind! And of course all he is interested in talking about is Spiderman, Tarantula, Venom, Sandman, The Green Goblin, etc... Oh well, I'm sure this is just a phase, and I probably did the same sort of thing when I was 5, but holy cow, if he doesn't quit firing webs at me when I tell him to do something, his new super hero name is gonna be "Time-Out Boy"!

4 comments:

Ginny said...

Oh this gave me a great laugh...Time out boy...that's classic.

Sean Wright said...

I just love hearing about other peoples children. I hope to be the uncle that allways gives the neice or nephew the annoying battery operated raygun or the highpitched musical instrument.

Little Mama said...

Sean, you are an evil, evil man! But just an FYI for future reference... it is the Sesame Street toys that talk and giggle that are THE WORST! Annoying voices, terrible little songs, anything Elmo is sure to drive any parent straight up the wall and FAST!

Sean Wright said...

Guy Smilie gave me nightmares as a child so I wouldn't buy any kid a Sesame Street toy :)