Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Shots!

It was my baby's 15-month check-up today and you guessed it... SHOTS! I LOATHE shot days. She got three shots and they stuck her finger to get blood. I could hear her screaming all the way in the waiting room, where I was trying my best to comfort my son who also got two shots! Lucky for him, this is it. Other than possible flu vaccines, he is done with boosters and whatnot until he's 11 or so. Anyway, I got to leave the doctor's office with two crying kids and an extreme desire to punch someone! I know vaccines are necessary, but that still doesn't keep me from wanting to pommel anyone who causes pain to my babies! I am lucky that my hubby comes to the shot appointments and he deals with the actual deed. I just deal with the comfort and hugs afterward. But shots still suck ASS!

2 comments:

Ginny said...

I hate shot time too. Fortunately Ben did extremely well this last go around and didn't cry hardly at all. What a trooper! It's so hard to make them understand that it's for their own good.

Little Mama said...

I was the kid that took 3 nurses and both parents to hold me down for shots! In fact, there was actually a nurse that got an award for her "patience" with me after I kicked her in the face when I was 5!