Tuesday, May 08, 2007

What does that MEAN??

My baby is beginning to eat solid foods and I found these little snack puffs for her to try. They are like cereal, but they dissolve really fast, way faster than Cheerios. Anyway, I was reading the label when I got home and was slightly confused by it. In pretty big letters across the front it states, "Naturally flavored with other natural flavors!" What the hell does that MEAN?!?! I checked the label and these are peach puffs and believe it or not...flavored with peach juice. So what are the other "natural flavors"?? Is there something I don't know about flavoring? Are flavors like paint, you mix several in order to get "other flavors"? For instance, to get banana flavor, do you need to mix peach, kiwi and coconut flavors? What about strawberry? Does that take cherry, raspberry and peach? I would just think that strawberry flavor would be accomplished most easily by adding, I don't know, strawberry?!? I've yet to figure out the other natural flavors in this particular type. I kinda figure if I can't pronounce it, it probably ain't "natural". So the mystery remains!

No comments: